Chapter 3 Testing with DocTest
This is an additional material which is not covered in Python for Everybody. For this topic, there is corresponding reading matterial (see links below).
3.1 Lecture on Testing
The lecture consists of two parts:
- the first one presenting concepts,
- the second one presenting possible implementation.
3.1.1 Introduction to Testing
Videos, listed below, are introduce general concepts independent of a programming language.
The corresponding chapter is avaliable here.
Remarks for students from 198803:
- the aspects video is highly recommended,
- the testing suite video is for students who want to understand how to write test cases, it contains Python code, but so basic, that there is a straightforward mapping to R,
- the error handling video from a Python perspective, but it contains some general ideas, too.
Remarks for students from 198801: Just if you wonder, you are supposed to watch all the videos.
3.2 Exercises on Testing
- the material is provided in OLAT